Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Oh Bother

It seems like all I can think about since a few days before applying to the Peace Corps is the Peace Corps. First I kept thinking "should I really do it!?" and then I applied, late one night, and woke up the next morning thinking "shoot, I hope it wasn't a late night fling that I regret later today" (luckily it wasn't).  Now it's the application process I can't stop thinking about. Is my application really submitted? When will I get a letter? When will the interview be? How fast can I get through this long process? Why haven't people finished my recommendations!? Also, when I'm not thinking questions like that, I'm constantly thinking: do I have enough volunteer experience? Can I get more quick enough? Will they want to nominate and then invite me? If I get invited, I wonder where they will send me. What will I be doing? What language(s) will I learn? What will I be eating? Will I have to dress differently? What will I have to pack? What will I forget to pack? Where is the nearest REI? Will I be able to make it in a different country? My sisters wedding!? What will I miss the most? Who will send me mail?

Thinking nonstop!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter