Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Where Are My Recommendations?

How much time would you typically give someone to write your recommendations? The Peace Corps requires 3, of course, and I notified them and sent the online e-mail exactly a week ago. Only one person has started, but she had a very good reason for not having finished yet.  However, the other two haven't even started or even emailed me back saying they got the information and will do it soon. 

Today, I sent out an e-mail reminding them of the recommendations, the process, and that I was looking forward to seeing the recommendations go through soon. No one responded! No one sent me an e-mail like "I'll get to it asap" or "thanks for the reminder," and I looked online, and no one started or finished them. I'm really getting sort of aggravated, because I took a lot of time on my application, choose them very specifically, and so far I haven't gotten anything back! The Peace Corps application process is already such a long, drawn out process that I don't want these recommendations to slow me down at all. 

Argh! Maybe I'm just expecting them too soon? Maybe it's not really slowing anything down? I just want them to do the recommendations so it's over with and I can look for the next step!! Aggravating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter