Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Peace Corps Budget

Budget-crunched Peace Corps cuts Volunteer Positions

This article really lays out the problems the Peace Corps is having right now. I was actually contacted by this reporter as well, but I didn't feel like I was a good source for her so I passed. I do recognize a lot of names in the article though! Its really awful because a lot of problems the PC is having could be solved by a bigger budget. Granted, its not always as easy as that, but given a bigger budget, the Peace Corps would not have to cut employees, close regional offices, and decrease the amount of volunteers. Its just frustrating to know that Congress, and especially the Senate, doesn't take the Peace Corps very seriously.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter