Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Like The Previous Post

Now, last time I posted, it was Monday, the w/e after the talk with my PO, just 1 business day. I don't know WHAT I was thinking, thinking that I was anxious/worried then. Its now Friday night, a full week after speaking to my PO. I know that everything is in the works, but every second I don't hear something, the more anxious I get. I think its that it is so close to the end and its almost a "make or break" since the nurse has to approve me, and that this is now 100% out of my hands is what gets me the most! 

Really, I know people say to try not to think about it, but I can't help it, and it seems like the majority of my day is spent thinking about it. I mean, how can I not? I'm so close! Every time I think about it, I can just feel myself getting anxious....my heart speeds up, I feel the nerves, I start worrying. I'll think the worst, then reassure myself, only to second guess myself. Yikes, I need a break from thinking. Hopefully, this weekend will provide that since Sunday is my 24th birthday. Hopefully, I will have a few days of it being off my mind.

Top 2 Worries:
(1) The spot isn't really saved--that is, that it may be "saved" but someone can still take it before the nurse approves me
(2) The nurse won't approve me for the country...

I know she said 3 days to 2 weeks, so I'm smack in the middle of waiting, and I'm pretty sure she said my spot is saved for certain, but at the same time, I'm also not sure, and desperately wish I could e-mail her to double-check about that....but naturally, rule of thumb, don't e-mail the PO any earlier than you have to. And that's insanely hard to do--not email her. So far I haven't. Not sure if I can hold off til next Friday. 

Someone, ease my nerves, please!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter