Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Talked To My PO

I called IAP today and got in contact with my PO, Amanda, right away. Despite the news, she was absolutely great with everything. 

She said that unfortunately, my program filled up right when I was medically cleared, so she would have to start looking at other placements. She asked if I was open to different regions, and I said I was absolutely open to all the other regions, even different work areas if that would help at all.  I also told her that I wasn't sure if she knew, but I am expecting a TEFL certificate and First Aid/CPR certificate in a couple weeks in case that helped my placement at all. She thanked me for being so open to everything.  Amanda said that my file was in her priority stack, and since I have a medical restriction, its even more prioritized than the others.

WOOHOO PRIORITY FOR ME.

I also asked about the 6-week rule rumor, and said that if possible, I was willing to leave slightly under 6-weeks. She said that the 6-week rule is indeed true, and they try to stick to it strictly and never invite people after 6-weeks.  Of course, we've all seen people get invited under 6, but usually its the people in the most need and stuff--ie. program got canceled, they are a couple, medical botched up and they actually can't go there...you know, stuff like that. I'm sure that's not something a PO will tell you, that there are exceptions, they don't want that officially out there and everyone flooding them to leave tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm on my POs super priority list. She said to call back Friday if I haven't heard by then, and she gave me her direct line. WOOHOO!  Back to semi-square one on the nomination front though.

Nomination: Unknown.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter