Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

MEDICALLY CLEARED!


I was MEDICALLY CLEARED!!!!!! I woke up to a Peace Corps e-mail saying check your ToolKit, so I did, and it said what you can see in the picture on the left. I was like WAHOO!

Later, around 9:30am, I got a phone call while I was at camp. It was my nurse, Tracy. You can't even imagine what nerves she created in  me. I thought it was a mistake, or they actually needed something else. Something!? But really she was just calling to say she got the CBCs, everything was fine, and she wanted to let me know that I was cleared! I was really excited, because not only was I cleared, but my nurse personally called to tell me! From what I hear, not only do you very rarely hear directly from nurses (usually only via your screening assistant), but its even more rare for them to call you to give you the news about being Medically Cleared!

SOOOOOO RELIEVED!!!!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

hey!! congratulations a million times over on FINALLY being medically cleared. That took soooo long. I'm glad you found my relationship post useful, I was worried it was a little pretentious of me to be giving people advice since I haven't actually lived through it yet. I am absolutely the luckiest to have Jason and I'm sorry to hear that your boyfriend hasn't been very supportive.. it's probably not something you want to talk about all over your blog, but I'm gonna facebook friend you and if you wanna talk about it some more feel free to message me!!

June 25, 2008 at 3:58 PM

 
Blogger S. said...

I told you it'd be this week! I'M PSYCHIC!

Congrats on the clearance - here's hoping the invite is in the mail NEXT week :)

June 25, 2008 at 5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter