Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Blah!

Seriously, I know everyone takes their turn waiting for medical, but it is frustrating when I see someone say "I got medically cleared! When should I hear about a September/October/November invite?" It just makes me stop and think...if you can clear someone for one of those months, after August...why can't you clear me now. They've had my medical kit for over a month...I leave in August. They said mid-August, but it is August. 2 months away. I know they only have to give me 6-weeks notice. But if she told me they can't clear me yet because they are still working on people leaving before me...but then they go clear Sept/Oct/Nov people...what gives!? Seriously? I haven't even heard anything about them glancing at it. All I've heard is "we have it, but your nurse hasn't even looked at it yet" ....if my nurse is the nurse Melissa had, I'm in for a real treat. Basically, I had everything done correctly, I had doctor's write notes, I even supplied an extra personal statement. The only 2 questionable things would be the "asthma" from last summer which turned out to not be asthma and just needed a tonsillectomy and now I'm fine, and of course the epilepsy...and I haven't had a seizure in 5 years. I'm also half concerned that since the Kiribati program got canceled, the programs I'm qualified for will get filled up and then I won't have a place.

One question. Should I get my tonsillectomy record and send it into the PC? They didn't request it, but what if they put me on hold because they want to see it and then I'll have to wait longer. Should I just go ahead and get it and fax it in now? Or just cross my fingers that they won't question a tonsillectomy that many people seem to get at some point.

What I'm saying, is that, I'm just frustrated. They can't get to my medical clearance for August because they are clearing people leaving before me, but they can clear people for months leaving after me? Really? Just the way of the PC I guess.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I think you should fax the tonsillectomy paperwork. If nothing else it will prompt them to open your file (even just to place the new paperwork in).

It would also give you a reason to call, to be sure they have your fax.

I really hope things start to move along for you soon! Good luck!

June 16, 2008 at 9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter