Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Several Things!

So I e-mailed my screening assistant today. I didn't get a chance to until late, unfortunately, because I was hoping for a response today, but I'll be waiting until at least tomorrow now. Oh well, right? Well, hope to hear something from her tomorrow. This is what I wrote, trying to be polite and concise:
Lisa,

Hi, I know you are probably swamped with work, but I wanted to touch base with you about the status of my medical kit clearance. I have received dental clearance, and am waiting on medical clearance.

It is possible that I will have a restriction, so I'm just hoping to be cleared sooner rather than later in case my nomination can't support the restriction. That way I would have as many departure dates as possible still open for my placement officer to work with.

Also, I wanted to see if your office needed any thing else from me for medical; I haven't heard of the need for any more forms or updates from me yet, so I hope I am good on that end! :)


Thanks for your time Lisa!
I appreciate it!

Jenna E Walker
SSN: ***-**-****
So that's it, nothing special, but I think it works.

Also, today I went to the bank because my CD (certificate of deposit) was up and I needed to do something with it. This holds it in the bank for a set period of time with a monthly percentage increase. I took some money out so I can get a new computer this weekend when I go to Indy. I put the rest back in for a 3.5% monthly interest rate. The big thing though is that I put it back in the bank, into the CD for TWO YEARS. It sorta hit me that yes it is going to happen and I've sorta already started doing stuff even before my medical clearance and invitation.

The other day, Wednesday, Thursday maybe? My sister, her fiance Cory, and I were at the mall...really just looking for pants for him and my Justin. Well, we got those. But then we fell into a shoe store. I found both Chacos and Keens at this place and decided to try them on to decide what I liked best. I really liked them both, but liked the Chacos better because their was more freedom and less chance of blisters. Then they asked what I'd be using them for. When I replied Peace Corps, probably in Latin America, they immediately got excited about Eccos and said I must try them on, they are the most comfortable shoe with great support and will last for years. They brought them out in my size and I thought "ehhh...no....I don't like what they look like really" but tried them on. As soon as I started to put my foot in I thought "oh shit, its over, its completely over, I'm done in." and couldn't help but buy them. I'm going to contact Ecco before I wear them to see if I can get a discount from them, if so I'll return them, if not I'll start wearing them ASAP. They are more comfortable than you could ever wildly imagine. They fit perfectly--even my wide flat feet--and had a great amount of support. 

If you are thinking about Chacos, Keens, or Tevas....definitely try Eccos on. They are pretty expensive, but insanely worth it, more than I could ever describe. Only your feet can describe how perfect they are!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter