Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Okay, Seriously.

I know that most people have to wait months on end for Medical Clearance, but the fact remains that my departure month is set for August.  That said, I won't be waiting too long for medical clearance. They've been "reviewing" (according to the ToolKit) my medical for over 2 weeks now. I really really did think it would be cleared this week. I am going to have a medical restriction that dramatically reduces the amount of countries I can go to, not to mention that gets cut down even further when you take into account that I can only work in certain work areas.

I truly hope to have as many options open as I can in case my nomination must be moved around, as is very likely. A lot of July is already not an option due to the 6-week rule, and of course not all those are epileptic countries! There is August, and of course September, but after that they send very very few people out until Jan/Feb...and I must leave before December. I want to get cleared ASAP. 

That said, for my actual nomination and looking at a couple of the dates, I must get invited by about July 6th. That's exactly a month from now. So really!? Where is my medical clearance!?!? I need it badly! I need options open!!!! I NEED TO GET IT AND FIND OUT WHERE I AM GOING! Please medical office please god clear me!!!!

Does anyone think I should send Lisa Backstrom, my medical screening assistant, an e-mail like hey hey, where is that clearance? If so what should I say!?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger kk said...

Jenna,
It took me quite a while to be cleared medically as well. They had my information for a few months, even. I emailed Lisa twice just to check in. It doesn't hurt to politely ask where in the process your medical file is. A week ago Friday I emailed her and was cleared that day. My nurse sent me notification via email. Then the following Monday I contacted my PO and he asked me for more information regarding my experience with at-risk youth then told me I'd have my invitation in the next three weeks. I'm slated to leave at the same time you are so don't stress - you'll have an invite for August or September I'm sure. I stressed like mad and now it seems silly in hindsight... now I'm obsessing over which country I'll be sent to, but it won't do any good.

June 8, 2008 at 4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter