Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Update

No, sorry, nothing interesting. Still no update from the MO. So far I haven't heard that I'm cleared :( But I haven't heard that they need more from me :-D

A girl with a similar nomination, same region/month...we have been following each others medical progress. We sent our medkits in about a week apart from each other. She got dentally cleared, 2 days later I got dentally  & legally cleared and she also got legally cleared. Two thursdays ago I got an update they they received and began looking through my medkit, and 2-3 days later she got that update. However, today she got a letter in the mail requesting additional information. Scared me because so far we've been pretty on par with each other! However, my hope is that since they started with my medical a few days before hers, that I might be out of the clear for that. Yet, unfortunately, its entirely possible I'm not. But lets keep optimistic! 

I sent a couple doctors who were handling my medkits thank you notes for everything they did. (the ones who did a lot of work for it and weren't jerk-offs about it like certain neurologists) A few days ago I was in Target and decided that if I get invited, I want to send the people who recommended me, and all the doctors who wrote anything for me thank you notes and information about my country and work. So I bought a pretty pack of thank you notes for them. Just something so simple, but sort of reaffirmed in my head that yes I'm doing this and am so close to it!

Oh, medical clearance, medical clearance...come out come out where ever you are!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter