Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You Have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

My medical screening assistant replied to my e-mail at 7:30 am her time.
Jenna,

We received your kit at the end of May. Your nurse has not yet had a chance to begin the review. This is our busiest time of year and we’re currently working to clear applicants that are leaving with earlier programs. We’re aware of your timeline and will do our best to help you make your program.

Thanks for your patience and let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help you out.

Best,

Lisa, Medical Assistant
Peace Corps Office of Medical Services

Again...you have got to be royally kidding me with a big f.u. They haven't even opened my medical file! What the holy hell! Ummm AUGUST PEOPLE! Its almost the beginning of JUNE! Like 2 months before I am leaving. Please, seriously, are they still clearing people for July? BECAUSE I DOUBT IT! Maybe a few here or there. But please, seriously!? That was just a big smack in the face for me to wake up to at 6:30am. Just ...ugh.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Peace Corps: El Salvador said...

Just relax and phone PC often! I just got invited a couple of weeks ago and I went through the same ordeal. Call and speak with someone directly, if you can. Can't wait till you hear where you are finally going! Good luck :)

Kay Smith
El Salvador 2008-2010
www.cuerpodepaz.blogspot.com

June 10, 2008 at 11:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter