Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Calm

I've been trying to calm down. :) Today was much needed I think. I worked out, tried to tackle the crazy animals again, and went to my grandpa's to swim and sunbathe. Of course, if you know me I don't tan or burn so I'm just as pale as when I started.

Last night I tried to refocus and get excited again. Looked at some more things I may need for the Peace Corps, which I've been putting on my Amazon Wish List. You may notice a new found collection of Pink Ribbon stuff I'm putting on there. A very good friend of the family that I've known nearly my whole life has a rare type of breast cancer that she found out about around this time last year. She's doing all right. But my family has since taken to whole-heartedly buying anything Pink Ribbon.

I also updated the country list that Bailey and I did. I'm glad to see some new countries in September like Nicaragua and El Salvador! At this point, any country seems so beyond great. My most likely regions still are probably Latin America and Europe and both of those are great with me. Both are extremely different and both have amazing perks. We will have to see. The August/September Latin America countries I could go to are: Belize, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, El Salvador, and Nicaragua! WOW. The August/September Europe countries I could go to are Macedonia and the Ukraine. Countries in July that I still could ever so slightly possibly get are Bulgaria and South Africa.

Little things of note:
  • My Justin is out in San Francisco for some WWDC action. I wasn't able to make it out this year :( I miss him!
  • My mom said she might pay for a plane ticket for me to fly to NY to visit my friend Reena whom I haven't seen since June 21st last year.
  • The dog was standing on the side of the couch, super excited, when suddenly she plummeted off. THUD. It sounded like a dictionary dropping on our wood floors. She was completely stunned for a second and when she finally moved she came over to me and whimpered.
  • Shoot, better go dry my bangs since my sister is coming back in for the shower
So really, I'm trying to calm down about medical a little. It'll happen when it happens, I'll go where I go. It may be August but it could be July or September. Yeah? So while I'm still slightly constantly thinking about medical, I've tried to breathe deep and relax. It'll happen.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter