Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Spit

you are moving through the cogs of the application process, actually more quickley then normal, Peace Corps appears to have been very accomadating for you and it really is too bad as you appear to think you are above them and spit on them while they are helping you. --unknown--
I was letting the situation with the very annoying poster on Facebook drop, but I do have to respond to this line. 

Yes, I have moved through the application process very quickly, and the PC has been incredibly accommodating and helpful.  My recruiter was amazing, my medical assistant got in contact with me several times, my nurse even called me several times--once to even tell me herself that I'd been cleared!, my assistant PO was great in getting back to my questions about the info he shared with me, and my PO has been the most wonderful person in the world even if she was the one who had to tell me my program was full--she's done nothing but work to find a new one, is really rooting for me, and even spoke of me specifically to someone in charge of a program.

I have had nothing but good. Sure I may have been told a thing or two or had to do a thing or two that made me grumble--ie. that my placement was full or I needed to redo my CBCs. But you know, about placement, that was fine because she was already doing so much work for me before she was off the phone and really gave me a lot of information. And CBCs, yeah, that sucked, but the nurse couldn't help it, it was just required, she just had to be the bearer of news. But she was more than helpful with everything.

Overall, while I'm not sure, it seems like I have talked to all my PC contacts more than normal people do. Mostly, on their own accord of getting in contact with me. Especially my Nurse & PO. It seems like those are the two that are the hardest to get ahold of, yet I've spoken with each several times in length and both are amazing.

In no way have I even implied I was above them. Hell, in my opinion, someone who is the key to my future is far above me and I'll do anything they ask. These people have often gone through this. Also, they work for the PC, so clearly they know stuff that I don't know and are correct in what they tell me. At most, sometimes I have questioned something because I THOUGHT I read it differently on their papers, only to find out otherwise.

In no way have been "spit[ting] on them while they are helping [me]"...each time I speak with them, I am more than polite and do nothing but thank them. I even thanked the nurse when she gave me the news that I had to redo the CBC & send in old results. Why? Because I'm thanking her for taking the time to help me get past that step, even if it is her job.  I think I have been lucky enough to have some of the best employees at the PC work with me. I am highly considering sending them thank you cards for everything they've done, because I truly appreciate it more than anything. They've done so much and made this process a lot easier for me than I thought is would be.

So. Am I above them and spitting on them? Absolutely not, and I find it insulting someone would imply that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter