Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Nurse?

I got a 202-area code call this morning and jumped up thinking it was my PO. To my (GREAT) surprise, it was my PC nurse. She said she needed me to write two more personal statements.
  1. SE Asian Food Aversion: I had mentioned this to my recruiter, in terms of placement. Silly me. She wanted me to write something about when it happens, if I know what ingredient it is, what happens to me when it does happen, if I've ever had to take medicine or visit a doctor when it happens. I explained to her that it was more of a food taste that I didn't like, but it wasn't anything physical or medical at all. She said that was good, but needed me to write it anyway.
  2. Medical Concern: Somewhere, I have no idea where, I had written that I left IU for a semester for medical reasons. I had NO clue what she was talking about for a minute. Finally, I remembered, and said it was due to my epilepsy which they already had documentation of. She said that was good too, but she just needed me to write a quite something about it.
My nurse also told me if she didn't have it by the end of the day she'd have to put my file on hold again UGH. I told her I'd fax it to her within the hour, which she seemed extremely happy about and said she would be circling the fax machine. That's good right!? Good that she seemed so happy it'd be there asap. And isn't it good that she seemed to imply that both of these things were not big deals, but more formalities instead of "life or death?" That's good too I think.

Here comes my question: why was I contacted by my nurse? Was she bored and randomly reviewing my file/clearance? I doubt it since they are super busy. Had she realized that she missed something with my file that needed to be done? Doubt that she for some reason was thinking particularly of me out of the hundreds of people she deals with (though I have now talked to her 4 times on the phone which seems to me to be typically unusual concerning PC nurses) 

To me, the only possible reason that she would have to open my file and look at it and decide she wanted that small bit of information was if my PO contacted her about a possible placement. (Since I have a restriction, my PO has to clear my placement with her before inviting me.) That is the only reason I can come up with. In that case, it seems like she'll have gotten back to my PO today, and I could reasonably get invited tomorrow?

Anyone? Thoughts? Any other ideas on why I was contacted by my nurse after being cleared and having spoken to the PO about new placement options?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter