Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yes, I'm Repetitive

Dear God, I might say this every day....at least a lot...but I sure as hell think it every damn day.

I can't WAIT  to reactivate my application and finally leave for the Peace Corps!

Sure I'm nervous, but all in all, I feel really good about this. I'll have some strong experience under my belt and be able to really give them great answers about why I declined & deactivated the first time and better explain what I want this time.



Some things I've thought about:
  • I really prefer EE/CA, NA/ME, and Africa (pref non-francophone)
  • I'd be willing to go to Pacific & Asia
  • I'd be okay with the Caribbean
  • I don't want to go to Latin America, I have realized that.
  • I really want to do TEFL (I should be able to once I reactivate and have that TEFL teaching experience)
  • I'd be willing to do Youth Development, Community Development, or Health Extension
  • El Salvador, despite it looking ideal, it was not ideal for me, I wouldn't have thrived there which is key to succeeding in the PC. If I don't thrive, I won't succeed. I strongly believe I made the right decision and know that even though the invitation process is somewhat of a lottery, that the next invitation will be right, it'll be great. 
  • My contact with English First will be up in January '10, I'm debating giving them a first available to leave date to be in January or February '10.
  • I'm beyond excited to get the ball rolling again!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen's Planet said...

Hey Jenna - I'd love to see you in Saint Lucia!
It's a tough adjustment, but well worth what you get back.

Karen

October 23, 2008 at 12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter