Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Its Right--For Sure

I know the Peace Corps is right for me, and I know that for sure.

I know it is, because I received an invitation and declined it, was torn up and sick over it, but it made me realize exactly how much I want the Peace Corps and how excited I am for it. I'll be a great volunteer, I love cultures and languages (I wish language was my strong point, its not), I love helping people and finding out about them, and I like being in difficult situations where I will push myself to succeed. 

Before the invitation that I declined, I knew I wanted to go, but was also nervous and wondering if it was the right decision--to do the Peace Corps. I knew it was, but the invitation was all wrong. However, I didn't know then just how much I want the Peace Corps. I knew I wanted it then, but having to decline an invitation and know that in about 9 months I will have to work that much harder than everyone else to get another invitation, AND to be going to China for a year to get more experience and teach English......well now I just know that the Peace Corps is for me, its right, its perfect. I'll be great at it when I finally get to do it.

I declined an invitation to a program, but in no way was that me declining the Peace Corps. Every day I am just anxious and excited thinking about the Peace Corps and can't wait to start the process again in 9 months. Until then, my file is deactivated waiting for me to reactivate, and I'm getting as much experience as I can.

But I just can't wait! I wish it were happening now! :):):):)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter