Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I VOTED! (you better too!)


I voted. And you better get your ass out and vote too (particularly if you are voting for Barack Obama)

My dad, sister, and I got up and went to vote this morning. We got in line at 5:45 am, with 15 minutes to wait. We were about 50 deep in the line, yet there were about 50-75 more behind us once 6 o'clock rolled around and the doors opened. In the front of the line there were even people with yard chairs and blankets--who knows what time they got there!

6 o'clock, doors opened. There are 2 precincts at Methodist Temple where I vote
-- 2-8 and 2-13, I am in 2-13. I got over to that line and signed my name (of course I had trouble when the little old woman didn'
t understand why I was registered here but my license had a Bloomington address, I had to explain that I live here, am registered here, but when I had to get my license, I was in Bloomington and didn't have any Evansville proof with me).

6:13 my dad went up, 6:15 Caitlin went up, and about 6:20 I went up to vote and was finished in a few minutes

BARACK OBAMA!

GO VOTE!
YOUR VOTE DOES COUNT!
SO GO VOTE!!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter