Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Packing List!

Pretty much exactly 2 months I leave for China--I leave the first week of January. People are right, the closer and closer something gets, the quicker the time goes. Its 2 months away and I STILL have to get my visa and buy my plane tickets. Today I should be getting the tickets, today or tomorrow. Hoping for Korean Air or JAL. I know Korean Air is nice, but have never flown JAL, tho I believe I've heard good stuff about it. Also, my information for me to get my visa with is on the way, so I'll be going up to Chicago to get that at the end of November or beginning of December. Not looking forward to that drive....6 hours, 8 hours? Eitherway, its awful.

Last night I started putting together a packing list for China--I may not be going with the Peace Corps, but I used their packing list to get a decent idea of what I'll need. Most of it I had on my list, but some of it was "oh yeah!"

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

you should also get some Mexican Seasoning! I love it and use it on everything *well, almost everything* and also don't forget outlet adapters!

November 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

 
Blogger Jenna said...

can't believe I forgot the freaking adapters on my list--the adapters and....what's the other one. One converts the power into the right voltage, the other is for the correct plug shape? well, whatever it is, I forgot the power converter one last fall and when I was straightening my hair, I forgot to unplug it, and I go into the other room and snap crackle POP I hear....I run in the other room seeing my straightener smoking...luckily it still works, didn't get fried, but I was very careful after that

November 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM

 
Blogger a blog said...

Might consider buying a straightner and dryer in country to save weight/space and the unfourtante event of when straightener singes off hair because it doesn't convert exactly---speaking from expiernce! Also I have it on good word that finding deodrant in China is difficult.

November 9, 2008 at 10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter