Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Getting Close

Nearing the end of November, I'm starting to really actively thing about reactivating my application. I just can't decide on the right time. If I could do it now, I would in a heartbeat, but the nominations for when I can leave aren't open yet. I was suggested to reactivate in March, but I would *love* to do it in January, the first week of January, before I leave.

In the mean time, I think I am going to send my recruiter an updated resume and update on a couple volunteer things I've done, as well as a brief statement about be overflowing excitement and barely contained patience to reactivate my application! I'll do that tomorrow I think, I don't like e-mailing at night when I'm on the verge of getting tired and could potentially get wordy or miswrite stuff or not check my grammar/spelling. 

But that is a start, that email I'm sending will be a start to let her know I'm very excitedly on my way to reactivating my application!

Update: aaaaap I did it I did it! I got it proofread by awesome Sara before I sent it, and Sara and Brittany both helped with resume updates. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed for good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so nervously excited!!!

Update: immediate out of office reply! my recruiter is out of office until December 1st...only a week, but noooooooo! I was hoping for a quick, positive reply. That's okay though, I will wait it out. Its a week, I'm patient, I can do it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter