Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Wooooaaaaaa

So, I just happened to look at my toolkit, someone in the group just got that mysterious medical message saying "look for a letter in the mail regarding the decision"--you know, the one that freaks EVERYONE out and makes them think they have been denied. I'm sure she's cleared, but it freaks everyone out. I wish I could just give her a big hug and tell her to breathe!! Haha! I just know how that was. ANYWAY. I got on my toolkit to see what my message actually said--it said one thing before the letter, one thing after...any way, I noticed two things on there that I had never noticed before! I never got toolkit updates about that, so I had no clue those two things had changed.



So basically, it says (a) up in the red, that I had withdrawn my application and if I wish to reactivate it to contact placement, and (b) down at invitation, that I had declined my invitation to El Salvador.

I just had NO CLUE my ToolKit had updated to that!!! As "bleh" as that is to see, it IS good because it lets me know that my application really is able to be reactivated, which I have sometimes been nervous about just because its floating around "no man's land." Though I thought I was supposed to contact my recruiter instead of my PO? But it says Placement Office. Hrmmmm. Very interesting.

I dunno, I just found the whole update very interesting! Its been there since August without my even knowing it!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter