Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little Things

So, I need to send the PC office the update with my Gardasil vaccinations since I had my 2nd after I sent my kit in. I don't feel worried about doing this--that it'll hold me back or whatever--since I am still waiting for the ToolKit update that they have received my Medical Packet. Hopefully they already have and its waiting to be read and cleared. Either way, I'll get that and send it to my medical screening assistant in DC today, and by send, I mean fax. After that, Cali had a good idea--call to make sure they received it.  
"Hi Lisa, I just wanted to make sure you received the fax I sent today about my Gardasil vaccine. Also, has your office received my Medical Kit in the mail yet? Do you think I'm still expected and lined up for my nominated August departure?"
See, its all good people. Its allllllllll good. Besides, I feel like Toolkit updates are usually anywhere from 1-4 days behind, so most likely my medical kit is there. But that confirmation is always great! 

Oh, while I'm on the phone with her, I'll also need to ask her if she thinks there is a way for me to get my 3rd Gardasil shot in country since that's when I'll be due for it. I know PC stopped providing it, but if I pay for it, if they will get ahold of the 3rd one for me, or my doctor can send a prescription, or ...somehow send the actual shot with me and I can give it to the nurses to give it to me at the right time. Yes, I have to talk to her about that. Because I don't want these Gardasil shots to be for nothing. You have to have 3, and in a certain time frame. My last one falls into my being in the PC for a month.....if I don't get that 3rd one then, then I have to start the vaccine all over again. Except for one thing, by the time I get back from the PC I'll be too old to get them. *sigh* I mean, it won't be the worst thing if I can't get it, but I'd really like to!

Now...where is my sister...???

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter