Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

*backflips*

Today was the day to meet with my old counselor at 11am.  I got in my car and had a voice mail from her--she wasn't finished with my forms and said maybe Monday. I started to panic! I'd waited for a week for today at 11am.....I called Justin and panicked some more....he said I needed to call her back and tell her what was up about the forms. I called and left a message something to the effect of "That's okay, I understand since you have a lot of other work to do. But if it is possible, could you try to get to them sooner rather than later? I'd really appreciate that since I'm on a deadline, but I completely understand you have your work too!"  She called back around 2 saying the forms were finished and I could come pick them up!

*swoon*

I raced downtown and got my forms which we went over briefly, everything looks a-ok to me! I thanked her for everything and rushed to the post office, handed it to the postal worker (even tho it didn't need stamps or money or anything, I want to be positive it got sent off)...and went on my merry way....relieved and happy! Once I got outside the post office, I actually started giggling a bit :) Hehe

I'm glad to say my medical kit is off to DC! Now, keep my fingers crossed I didn't do anything wrong/miss something and that I get cleared quickly!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. for some reason, when I talk to the counselor, even though she is from '02, my voice gets all nervous and my thoughts all jumbly! I think it is just because she's a counselor!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter