Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Excitement

Outside news about the PC is sometimes exciting! Still don't have medical in, and yada. However, one girl I had talked to through e-mail a bit was having a big problem getting a nomination because of a medical restriction and the fact that they were a couple. They had their fingers crossed on a Latin America July program and a South East Asian September program.  But today they just found out that their PO found a program that accepts them with the restriction, and it is MINE! Of course, we all assume Belize....but it is the same region/month nomination, so YAY! I'm excited!

Also, a few weeks ago on the Facebook group Peace Corps Latin America, I put a message about anyone with departures leaving in August. For weeks no one responded, but then yesterday I got a GREAT response, better than I could've excepted, the dream response:
Hi,
I'm a PCV in Belize. I know that we are expecting new trainees in August of this year and Youth Development is one of Belize's programs.
Mike
So how exciting is that! Now I know for sure that Belize is indeed a huge possibility! EXCITING!

Now, if I could just get the damn medkit in. Grrrr

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter