Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Hate My Neurologist.

This post has probably been inevitable. My dislike of her has been a long time coming.  I don't think it is actually a dislike of her as a person, she always seems to at least try to talk to me in appointments, which is more than I can say of some doctors.

My first visit, I thought she was a little odd because her skirt-suit looked like it had deodorant all over it, but it turned out to be a funky shiny pattern.  I ignored that, different people, different styles. No reason to judge.  Then, I started getting calls or postcards from their office saying my appointments needed to be rescheduled--they gave me the date.  Nothing is abnormal about an appointment change....emergencies come up and doctors are people too with their own need for appointments.  So, yeah, whatever.  But when they rescheduled a single appointment FIVE TIME.....needless to say I was a little irked and angry at their office.  So far, after that 5 reschedule, it has never been more than 2 by them and 1 by me to reschedule their reschedule. 

Seriously....how can one reschedule an appointment 5 times. FIVE TIMES. You understand how my opinion about her and her efficiency started to wane.

Well, 2 fridays ago...over a week and a half ago, 13 days ago, I dropped forms off for her to fill out for the PC. They said by the middle of next week. So last friday, giving them a few extra days, I call. No no, the forms aren't done yet.  Annoying. Yet expected. Let it slide. I call today, at the 13 day mark. Am on hold for about 20 minutes.  Finally, they get on the phone to say no they aren't done and they'll call when they are.  I try to politely ask when they'll be completed. "At the end of this week, at the earliest." I try to breathe, and then I just get mad. "The end of this week, maybe??? Your office said they would be done last week, and they weren't, so why can't the nurse do it, when will they get done. I am waiting on these forms to send my medical kit off to the Peace Corps and your office has had them nearly two weeks."  I'm not one to easily get mad, but the fact that their office irks me in the first place...they reply that they can't control when the doctor fills them out and they are in a stack of stuff to do and that they'll call me. "Okay, Bye" I say and hang up.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but if you give a time limit...don't go over by an entire extra week. A day, two days--cool. AND DON'T RESCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENTS FIVE TIMES!

I can't wait to move to San Diego with Justin in 2 years so that I can get a new neurologist.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter