Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Let's Get Physical, Physical...

I had my physical today. I scheduled it with the nurse practitioner who could get me in whenever, as opposed to the doctor who is backed up 6 months.  I think I'm glad I had it with her though, she was very nice and much less awkward than my doctor who tries to be nice but doesn't small talk well. She was also rather thorough.  She filled everything out that she could (I'll have to go back to get the results and stuff) and looked through it multiple times to make sure she hadn't left anything blank. She kindly skipped the anal/rectal exam and checked it off. Thank God.

I left having 2 shots (TB & tetanus) and the regular physical.  Went to the buildings lab in the basement and got about 6-7 viles of blood drawn (luckily I'm used to blood tests because of my medicine). And got to pee in a cup, and I really did not have to pee.  My shoulder is sore from tetanus shot, my TB looks good so far--nothing alarming. I will have to contact the health department (or whoever it is) for 2 shots (Polio & something else..like MMR or something) because they didn't have it. I'll go back on Thursday to get my TB looked at and hopefully my labs written down. 

In the mean time, I need to take those forms to the obgyn to get their like 3 things filled out and a copy of my pap smear. I also need to stalk my neurologist and pulminologist for my forms back. Finally, I need to call the peace corps to find out about the counselor form situation, and then track down my 2 counselors (of whom no one in my family knows the names of)

*oh sigh*

I'm exhausted today. Going to bed soon and it's only 9:30

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter