Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Still No MedKit

I still have no MedKit. Last Monday when I talked to my recruiter, she told me when my MedKit should arrive, and so I went ahead and made doctor appointments based on the approximated date it would get here and gave it a few extra days to be on the safe side. It never came, it never came.
Well on April Fools Day, I received a ToolKit update.  I checked, and it had a check mark that said they had sent out my Medical Kit on March 31st and to make immediate doctor's appointments to make sure I did this quickly. Basically, the day I should have received my Medical Kit was the day it got sent.  My first appointment, with the obgyn, was this morning at 8:45am. I decided to go ahead and go to that without the forms because they just had to fill out a few of the standard "woman" questions from the check up and I'd be on my way. I came home this afternoon, hoping hoping I'd have my MedKit since I have my big* appointment tomorrow for the full physical/shots/bloodtest. Nope. Still no MedKit. I didn't get the mail until 4, and I call the doctor at 4:15. Their office was already closed. Argh argh argh! I "canceled" with the answering service, and will have to call back tomorrow to reschedule.

The wringer's the PC puts you through.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Crocker said...

Hi, Jenna.

In the files section at the yahoo group, there's a .pdf of the full physical form--it looks exactly like the one I had the doctor fill out, so I bet it's current. I'm pretty sure they would let you send in a printed-out copy...

Good luck!
Katherine

April 3, 2008 at 7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter