Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Letter & ToolKit








So this past week I have gotten my nomination letter and an e-mail from the Peace Corps about a toolkit update.  My letter came addressed to me but said "Dear Jamie" so I had to clear that up to make sure I had received the right letter and there wasn't a system problem. 

My Nomination Letter states my nomination number is:
168-08-044-L2         Youth Development


This translates to:
168: youth development program
08: year
044: quarter 4 of the program year
L: code for my PO
2: the second listing for my PO in this quarter 








So, you see the pictures of my updated ToolKit. Basically, it now only lists information about medical and legal. I don't even know if I am able to see the older part of the ToolKit! Hrmmm.

Oh well. Now my concern is that the part talking about the PC soon sending me my medical forms isn't checked. I NEED that to be checked because she said I should get it in about 7 days from Monday. So I made my doctors appointments for Weds/Thurs/Fri of next week. The first appointment being 9 days after it could have been mailed. So, are they saying they haven't mailed my medical kit yet? Or maybe it's one of those PC things where they mail it, but really, you don't get the ToolKit check-mark until you pretty much receive it.  Since my doctor appointment on Weds is at 8:30, I really need to receive it by Tuesday. Now, since the Weds appointment is the obgyn, and she only needs to answer a couple questions, I can easily drop it off later if it doesn't come in time. But I really prefer that it would.

Oh Peace Corps, how you run me in circles!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Crocker said...

Maybe it's a silly question, but I'm curious what your "PO" is? I'm currently applying, and didn't know my nomination number was a secret code!

Katherine

March 31, 2008 at 10:54 PM

 
Blogger Jenna said...

Katherine,

Your PO is your placement officer. When your file starts to go into review, it is the placement officer, as opposed to your recruiter, who does the final looking over of your application and deciding of exactly where you will be place--country/work. Of course, it may or may not be the same as your nomination.

The nomination number I think has those meanings just so that they can keep the nomination groups together, so it's actually for their purpose, not ours, but who doesn't want to figure that out anyway ;)

Have you been to the Yahoo peacecorps2 group yet? (there is a link on the right side of my page) It has a great message board--ask anything and get all sorts or answers back, or you can search a subject through the message boards. There is also a files section that has of info that is neat to see, like the "unofficial program guide" or discounts for things we will be needing or etc etc etc...check it out, good stuff

April 1, 2008 at 12:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter