Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, March 21, 2008

And Its Over!

Thank goodness, the interview is over! There was a little trouble, but that's okay. It was scheduled to be at 10:30, but she never called. I first thought it was the "make them nervous" tactic, you know, call 15 or 20 minutes late, but when 11:30 came around I was just in panic mode! Was I supposed to call her!? Did she forget about me!? How much snow is Chicago getting!? Should I call her!? Finally, I went to print my rough answers out so I could get going with my day, but bring those with me just in case. Sure enough though, as soon as I started printing, she called me with apologies. Another interview had carried over, and she got caught up with doing the work for that person. Oh no worries.

So I think it went well. Naturally, I was much more comfortable with questions about how I would feel about food, gender roles, conforming, spanish knowledge, etc.  When it came to the more traditional questions about leadership and decisions and stuff--holy crap. I'm not big on those questions, and always have a hard time thinking of answers to those questions. But I did my best. Though, some of my answers may not have been the type of answer she was looking for. 

Anyway, it's over. She said she'll be calling me in the next few days with my nomination (or nomination options) So I'm really excited. How great would it be if she called me back today like "Here's your nomination for ____ in ____ leaving in June. Fill out your medical and we'll get your invite right to you when that's finished." HAH! I wish. Hopefully on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I can't wait to find out where I "may" be going!

Ahhhhh all this talk and interviewing has made me hungry, starving in fact. It's 1:30, time for a late lunch!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats from all your Twitter friends!!! Thanks for keeping us up to date and I wish you the best of luck.

March 21, 2008 at 5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter