Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

INTERVIEW!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

HOW AMAZING! Just when I said nothing was happening and I was ancie, hehe, I get a call! It was "unknown number." I instantly thought it was either going to be great news from my recruiter at the PC, or bad news from the oral surgeons office to schedule my wisdoms to get removed. IT WAS MY RECRUITER!

It was just a quick phone call to let me know she has received all my information that she needs right now and that she'd like to schedule an interview. It is this Friday at 10:30 and should be about 40 minutes I think.  And I get to have a phone interview. That means that (1) I don't have to drive 8 miserable hours to Chicago, and (2) I can be in super comfy sweats if I want to be! Yay. Just what I was hoping for!!!

She was older than I thought she'd be, so I wonder if the interview will be one of the more formal ones as opposed to one of those that is like talking to a good friend about what you want to do. 

Well, I better get cracking on my interview questions--that is trying to figure out those things like leadership skills and whatever. EXCITING! Plus she seemed super nice.

*crosses my finger for a nomination*

Timeline Thus Far:

February 28, 2008--Sent Personal Application and Health Review Application in.

March 5, 2008--Two of Three recommendations are submitted.

March 6, 2008--Receive a letter from my recruiter that includes my Toolkit information!

March 7, 2008--Third recommendation submitted.

March 10, 2008--Legal Kit is received in the mail.

March 11, 2008--Go downtown to the Police Station to be fingerprinted.

March 14, 2008--Rush to the post office to send my legal kit back to my recruiter, Hazel, in Chicago.

March 18, 2008--My recruiter at 4:15 to let me know she had received my packet and everything was in order. We set up a phone interview for this Friday, the 21st, at 10:30.

It's been 20 days, just under 3 weeks, and I'm up for my interview! SWEET! Let's keep this ball rolling!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter