Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Mail Call!

I received a packet in the mail from Peace Corps today! I was sitting on the couch and heard a slight thump, and just knew that's what it was...then I heard my sister's dog start to chew something up and sure enough she was trying to eat the corner of my packet. Typical. Anyway, this is what it included:
  • Letter from my recruiter describing what the packet was and what needed to be done
  • 3 assignment sheets detailing what they think they may place me in: community services, health extension, and youth development
  • 3 skill work sheets, one for each area of assignment sheets they sent
  • Applicant checklist...highlighed the reference part, though I don't know why because all 3 are submitted
  • Romantic Involvement and Vegetarian Worksheet (not a vegetarian though)
  • Privacy Act Statement w/ background check questionaire
  • 2 Fingerprint forms
  • PC Drug/Alcohol Policies info sheet
As for the assignment sheets, I was ever so slightly disappointed, I was hoping for one to be education.  However, there may be a reason for that, I don't have an education degree, but it is possible that with this TEFL certificate this could change.  Right now, I think I prefer Health Extension; when I read about Youth Development it surprisingly didn't interest me as much as I thought it would.

As for the skills worksheet--well crap, I dunno what I'm going to put in those! I don't have hardly any volunteer or practical experience in anything! I guess I'll be able to put down the TEFL and First Aid thing tho

The Romantic Involvement worksheet, I knew it was coming, not a surprise, and it looks fairly straight forward.  However, I have no earthly idea why I have a vegetarian sheet, I LOVE MEAT! the sheet says I indicated I was a vegetarian in my application, although I just went entirely through my application and couldn't find that question anywhere, so maybe it's just a formality.

Tomorrow I'll go to the police station to get printed.  PC needs my college transcripts, it will be quicker for me just to drive to Btown and get them, although I can just as easily have them sent here.  I don't know if they need my "transcripts" from my schooling last fall in China, if they do, those would be in China, and I don't even have a certificate from that, they never gave me mine when I left!

I'm supposed to get this all back to them by March 27th, which shouldn't be hard at all. I'll have to call the recruiter about those China transcripts, veggi worksheet, and asking about education possibilities.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I'm excited that you're moving on to the next step!

Good luck with everything!

March 11, 2008 at 11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter