Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Medical Worries

Well, I haven't even been interviewed, but I'm already thinking about the medical packet! I've read all about the holds and mass amount of doctor visits, sometimes follow-ups, the sometimes difficult-to-find polio vaccination, things found that people didn't even know about, needed surgeries or yanking of wisdom teeth (luckily my dad's a dentist!), missing blood tests, yada yada.

Dental wise, I'm fine, anything would be minor and that would just be wisdom teeth. My dad's a dentist so most likely I could get in whatever day I wanted.  The office girls like me and could squeeze me in ;)

Optometrist is fine--they usually have spots open in the afternoon, besides I already have 2 pairs of glasses (I just need to update the prescriptions, been meaning to for a month), and I just had an appointment a month ago, so I doubt nothing new would come up.

Gynecologist--piece of cake.

Neurologist--piece of cake, maybe a little time on the forms, but whatever. I don't think I'll have a hold either because it's been 5 years since a seizure.

Pulminologist--easy, I love that guy and I wish he were a general doctor, he'll get it out asap, and he LOVES traveling abroad so I know he'll complete it correctly and do his best to do so in my favor--everything I saw him for last summer was finally, after 4 months, chalked up to my tonsils that have since been removed, and everything has been a-okay ever since! Not even any more inhalers for the "so-called-asthma" (I knew it wasn't!) Can I marry Dr. Chavez!? Haha

General Doctor--Fear strikes my heart.  First, it is really hard to get into his office, even when I had a minor emergency, they tried to put me off a few days until I yelled at them.  He also is weird. I can see him not caring about the appointment and delaying on the blood tests. Tho I did just think of something. I have a history of the most RANDOM medical problems popping up at the most unwanted times, and that is scaring the shit out of me. Making me want to eat perfect, exercise, and take vitamins right now. However, I just realized, that usually he doesn't believe me, one time he even said "bad luck"...so...that could play in my favor in this sense...right? right?  It'll just be a problem getting the forms filled out....

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter