Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Post Hope

The more I look at this TEFL course, the more I think I want to be places as an English teacher.  Last fall, I spent 6 weeks in Beijing learning Chinese.  My class had 9 people in it, which was considered large, but 4 of us girls got really close.  We always wondered to each other "why are we singing songs about a one eyed tiger with no tail? why are we playing this butterfly fly game?"

Seriously, we played this game called "butterfly fly" I think it had something to do with counting, I forget, and whoever was singing the phrase would have to "fly" (aka flap their arms) and the people next to them did the same with their closest arm. We seriously thought she was crazy for making us do this.

But now I see that they actually teach you to do stuff like this! Now,  I'm sorta giggling over it and loving it! I think I'm going to relearn the butterfly fly game and take it to the PC with me, as well as write out a bunch of little kid songs and make copies, and download it to my ipod so they can hear--and make them sing, just like I had too!

Wow, the world really does go 'round

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Jenna -

It's so funny that you just posted to let me know that calling can actually speed things up because I just heard back on dental clearance! Who knows if it's connected, but maybe my phone call helped!

Thanks for commenting - I've added a link to your site (I just figured out how this morning!).

Hope all is well.

Cheers,
Christie

March 9, 2008 at 10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter