Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Getting Ancie!

OY VEY! I sent my legal kit off on Friday. Naturally, I was hoping for a Toolkit update today, but in reality, it probably won't be for a few days, maybe even a week. Yesterday (SUNDAY) I woke up to an email saying my Toolkit had been updated, so excited that "wow! the government organizations really get mail fast! and on a sunday!" ...don't ask... So quickly I log onto the Toolkit, only to find that it was referring to the reference update that it had done much earlier in the week. Way to get hopes up and squashed. Oh well, I shall prevail! But I'm still sitting here practically twitching waiting to hear from my recruiter about the interview.

Speaking of the interview, I'm sorta worried even though I've heard how it can be like a "conversation b/w old friends." Well, in interview situations (or the like) I tend to get really* nervous and really* jumble my words and really* keep talking when I should shut up.  Silly me. I just build so much hype around interviews and meetings that then I get nervous and all twitchy and sweaty (gross huh).  Plus, I'm nervous about the fact that I don't really have leadership experience or leadership in an unstructured setting or know how I deal with confrontations (okay I do but just don't have examples) or make difficult decisions!!!!! How can I answer those questions if I don't have answers? Surely I must, but wtf are they?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter