Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, March 14, 2008

And We're Off!

I received my IU transcript today! I didn't get it until 3:30 and I was on a big time schedule to get to the doctors office by 4:30.  Naturally, when I rushed to the closest post office I think "phew there are only 2 people in front of me." Bah. Each of them had like 20 envelopes to be mailed off!!!! So I had to wait forever and some. But it's official, my legal packet, skills worksheet, and transcripts are off to the Chicago recruiting office.

As for that doctor's visit, it was for a shot. My two younger sisters (16 & 21) both have had it. The youngest said it hurt a whole lot, like the worst shot.  The other had it yesterday, and absolutely freaked out because she said it hurt so bad. She said it burned her and then her arm was numb-ish and hurt so bad she couldn't even lift it, she accidentally bumped into the wall and yelped out in pain. I don't know what their issue is, but I have concluded they are pansies. It didn't hurt in the very least, not even the needle.  I was trying to see if I missed something, so I even smacked the area with my hand--no pain.

Moral of the story? I'm awesome and my sisters are pansies.
Can't wait to hear from my recruiter, better finish working on devising rough answers for the interview questions.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter