Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fingerprinted!

Well, I just finished getting fingerprinted, and my hands are crazy dry now.  It was semi awkward due to the way they have to roll your fingers, especially the left hand.  (Also, odd because I know my ex had been in that room before getting printed for being absolutely psycho--good thing I'd broken up with him years earlier).  Anyway, it was a simple and easy process; I just hope the fingerprints are clear enough, I've never seen *real* fingerprints like this before. I'm sure they are fine, she said she's done this for years.  The ink is SUPER waxy, but they have some heavy duty insane bar of green soap to scrub it off with, and sure enough, it worked really well!

The lady was extremely nice.  She asked all sorts of questions about the Peace Corps.  It actually surprised me what she didn't know about it! But once she found out, she said she was really proud of what I was doing and that it was very honorable and wished me luck for the rest of the process and what I would encounter abroad.  That really made me happy to know that people support me, even if it is someone I will probably never see again who doesn't know me.  It really sort of boosted my drive and confidence back up. She may have done the work for my fingerprints, but I'm really thankful to her!

  • I just ordered my official transcripts from IU offline, they should be here in 3-4 days.  
  • I have been fingerprinted
  • I filled out my Romantic Involvement worksheet
  • Put a sticky not on the Vegetarian worksheet saying I'm actually not a Veggi
  • Filled out my background check form
  • Am completely and utterly stumped at to what skills I may have in order to fill out the 3 skill worksheets.
At least the waiting for my transcripts will give me time to think about my skills...*stumped*

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter