Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, April 4, 2008

A Little Progress

I received my medical kit yesterday afternoon, and have tried to do as much as I can with it so far.  I had to organize what goes to who and who I think will take the longest to get it back. Also, one form overlaps with a couple doctors, but hopefully I'll have that back in time.

Last night I wrote my personal statement about counseling we had to do for the divorce. I also filled out all the areas on the forms that I was supposed to fill out before the doctors got them.
  • Today I took my eye prescription form and my 2 glasses frames to the optometrist.  I already have the form back and 1 pair of glasses (apparently the 2nd pair was acting up, so I'll get them monday).
  • My dad filled out all my dental forms and I believe got my xrays in the envelope.
  • I took the sheet about the asthma issue I had last summer to my pulminologist's office, they say I'll get it back Monday or Tuesday.
  • I took the epilepsy form to my neurologist's office and they say I should get it back late next week. (at least that one doesn't overlap with any other forms)
What I still have to do:
  • Tuesday at 8:30 I have my physical. They wanted to schedule it that early so that they could try to get as much blood work back that same day as possible.  They will take the majority of my forms to fill out, but I expect them to have it for a few days since their office is rather unreliable in my opinion. I'll just harass them.
  • When I get those back, I'll take it over to my obgyn to have her fill out the like 3 questions that are for her to fill out. You'd think that would just take a day, but they too are unreliable.
  • Counselor forms--I have 2 different forms for 1 person even though I have 2 people. I need to call the PC med office to see if I can just copy those. I also need to find out from my parents who the hell the counselors were. I have no clue. I'll do that Monday.
  • Somehow have Bloomington Hospital fax a record of my allergic reaction to me.
What is not required, but I am going to do anyway is write a personal statement about my epilepsy. I haven't had a seizure in 5 years and the epilepsy in no way disrupts my life and I don't think it should in anyway disrupt my placement. But I know they have the final say. I also asked my neurologist to write a note along the same lines.

So I'm moving right along. Have 1/2 the stuff out, and 1/2 that (so 1/4th total) is already completed a day after having received it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter