Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Glitch

Well, I had my first real medical glitch today.  I went back to have the nurse practitioner read my TB Skin test, which was of course extremely negative. Just the little spot where the needle went in. That's always good. Then she showed me my test results.

Everything was normal except my urinalysis.  Apparently, the proteins and ketones were high....my nurse practitioner who is doing everything was concerned, so she wanted me to get another blood test and urinalysis.  Most likely its just a UTI.

Eitherway, it's annoying. But, on the bright side, it is really comforting to know that she is looking through all my results to find everything out, and that she wants to get any necessary follow up tests done before the Peace Corps spies it and throws a fit.  That way I don't loose time and don't have even more stuff to do for medical down the road.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter