Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Booyah

Got my Polio Booster today! 

Turns out, after looking at my immunization records, I'd already had MMR, so no need to get it again.  However, for Polio, my doctor's office didn't have it since it's not one that is ever needed for adults.  They told me to call the health department, but my mom thought my pediatrician may have them. So I called there, easier and closer than the health department, but it turns out she is out of down and they would have to talk to her before giving me one since she's no longer my doctor.  Next, I call the health department, they say yes they have them, but can't give it to me until June.  WHAT!? I ask "just for a shot? until June? for a shot" "yep."  doesn't that seem ridiculous?  So I called Deaconess Urgent Care and they said that I could just walk in anytime to receive the shot.

I got off the phone, gathered up the copy of my immunization record and my PC form and went and got my Polio shot! Yay.

(while I was up on 1st Ave, I drove by my counselors building, and it looks like the whole building is shut down, I was going to go in and see if I could find her)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter