Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wisdom Teeth

Yesterday, my wisdom teeth came out.  Supposedly everything went smoothly.  There was an aftershock to the earthquake just minutes before they started working on me, but luckily it was before and not during.

I had some very odd thoughts during the surgery, I guess not so much odd since they had to do with what was going on, but I guess it was odd that I was wishing I could've been blogging them at the time.  I guess some thoughts included:
  • I can't taste the blood, but I can feel the warmth from it, and that grosses me out
  • Don't move my tongue, don't swallow, don't move, I don't want it to get cut off
  • What in god's name is making that loud noise in my mouth...
  • Oh good, they have both the left ones out...oh wait, they only have the bottom left out, damn...
  • Oh! John Mellencamp is playing on the radio!
  • Flap, he said flap...operculum! 
  • Well, glad you are saying that went surprisingly easy
  • Ew that was a nasty noise
  • wtf is going on, breath deep, breath veeeeeery deep through my nose--laughing gas
  • Thank god the nurse is patting my shoulder
  • *tenses up immensely* *loosens up* *tenses up immensely* *loosens up*
  • oh sick, that movement is actually them cutting into the gum, how nasty
  • no way in hell I am NOT doing the Peace Corps after this ordeal!
Stuff like that. The gauze changing was really nasty yesterday, but it is out now. Sleeping was hard last night because I was so damn uncomfortable--I like sleeping in the fetal position on my side, not stretched out on my back with my head elevated. It still doesn't hurt* but feels like it is starting to about now. Yesterday all I took was ibuprofen. Today I took half a Lortab around noon, so maybe I'll take the other half since the ache is starting to pick up. It was just sore, but now it is at an ache. Also, the bottom right ...hole...seems to be bleeding on and off. I feel like maybe it is getting bumped easier. Although its my left side of the face that is really swollen, not right. I should probably get the other half of the lortab before it starts hurting, just in case, and rinse with salt water again.

The things we do for the Peace Corps.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter