Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

PO

I know I have a PO, but who my PO is, I don't know. :(

I know I have a PO because, as I mentioned a while back, I shot my recruiter an update e-mail and she said she was going to forward that onto my PO since that's who had my file.  Everything was out of Hazel's hands pretty much.  

Last night, I sent Hazel another email, asking for my PO's name and e-mail and/or phone. This morning I had an e-mail waiting in my inbox:
You should have received correspondence from the Placement Officer by now. The best I can do is to give you a general telephone number of the IAP Desk which is the office handling your nomination. It is: ###-###-####
Sad. I haven't gotten an e-mail from my PO. Then I got worried that I maybe accidentally deleted it or it got spammed! So I immeadiately got on my gmail account and searched my Trash and Spam files.  All of what had been put there for the last 30 days was there. Good because it was 30 days ago that I had my nomination.  I searched high and low in Spam and Trash, even looking at stuff that maybe possibly could've been a PO e-mail.  But alas, no PO e-mail. :(

Now I am sad, I don't want my PO to forget about me! And even if I call the IAP Desk, I don't know if they can track down my PO. So if I need to get ahold of my PO, about something really important (luckily I don't have to right now, but WHAT IF!) then how do I find my PO in an instant. :( I really hope my PO calls me or e-mails me with just a "hey, I'm your PO"

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I didn't hear from my PO until after my medical clearance. My medical officer literally said "now I'm sending your file on to placement."

I know this may not be the case for all PCVs, but I've heard it is the case for many.

Also, I know they are still really busy with June and July placements - and there isn't anything they can do for you until after you are cleared.

Good luck!

April 25, 2008 at 5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter