Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Progress Report

  1. As you know, I found my counselor. I have finally handed off my forms to her, *sigh* and will pick them up next wednesday. She wanted to actually make me an appointment to pick them up so that she could go over them with me and I could decide if they were okay or not, or if I wanted anything worded differently. So it is GREAT she has them! But I don't want to wait a full week to get them back :( Damn that real job of hers that keeps her busy--everyone in the world should concentrate on my medical kit right now ;) Okay maybe not....(hrm...I suppose I still have to call the BTown hospital to get an ER record faxed to me)
  2. A girl I've talked to had a similar nomination as I, Latin America at least...but due to medical, she and her husband were getting flip flopped all over the world, but mostly in the Latin World. She had a hell of a time, but I remember thinking, wouldn't that be funny if somehow we randomly started talking like this and in the end she ends up getting invited to my nomination? AND SHE DID! She just got her invite today! Belize, Aug 18th--and tho there is no gaurentee, that's most likely the place I'll go to! So I'm super excited! I'm sure she's insanely excited after the last few long months!
  3. I have looked through the invitations and decided on the most likely countries I'll be invited to (should medical not ruin my life!) And this is what I have decided on (considering that my nomination is C/S America in Mid-August '08), in order:
    --Belize leaving August 18th
    --Dominican Republic leaving August 18th
    --Eastern Caribbean leaving August 25th
  4. Other possibilities based on the fact that they have Youth Development (and usually Business, sometimes Health) and left long enough ago to be able to have another group coming in any time are in no particular order (I don't think):
    --El Salvador
    --Costa Rica
So really, hrm, everything is waiting on the counseling forms. I'd just die if she called back tomorrow like "oh they are done, can you come get them?" I'd hug her and buy her chocolates and cookies and flowers! So, I'm banking on having this sent off by this time next week. 

Oh, and we got a Wii, somehow...and we can't stop playing it

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter