Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Waiting Game

Now that my Medical Kit is off to DC, all I have to do is wait. Hopefully it won't be too much waiting since my nomination is August. Either way, I have to wait for my ToolKit to say its been received, that its being reviewed, that dental is cleared, that medical is cleared, about the holds, that I've been invited and the invitation is on its way.

I sent it at 3pm on Wednesday...and really hope it got there Friday, thought maybe not still Monday. Either way, even if it got there Friday, it would sit in the mailroom, probably til Monday. Although, maybe, just maybe, I'll be that lucky person who freakishly gets cleared on the mysterious Saturday and gets a mysterious toolkit update at 4am on Saturday night/Sunday morning!? Okay, I'm really reaching aren't I. I'll be lucky to be cleared by the end of this coming week. I'm just scared I'll have something wrong with it! Though I do need to call my medical screening assistant back and ask if I should send the updated vaccine form of my 2 Gardysil shots, and also ask about how I will get the 3rd one abroad if I leave as planned.

Now that Cali has her invite, I also have a new country option! Now the options are:
Guatemala leaving August 11th
Belize leaving August 18th
Dominican Republic leaving August 18th
Eastern Caribbean leaving August 25th

Guatemala and Belize are most likely, followed by DomRep, and finally E. Caribbean. It all depends on what happens with medical, and how my epilepsy restriction plays out!

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I am stuck in the final stretch of the PC waiting game!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter