Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dentally Cleared!

After all that frustration and craziness yesterday, I'm dentally cleared! It seems like nothing ever happens in life until you have a good freak out, then it happens immediately! I woke up to an e-mail saying my online ToolKit had been updated. I only expected something about having received the package, but no! I have been Dentally Cleared! How wonderful!

My medical personal screening assistant called about 45 minutes later, returning my call. I made sure she got my faxes, yes. Do I seem to still be on par with leaving in August, yes. Then 2 things I was confused about: she said they had received my dental, but not my medical. I said I had been dentally cleared, but my medical should be there because it was sent together. She thinks it must just be on its way to the office or not been seen yet. I also asked about my Gardasil shot. Now I swear the paper in the medical kit says 2 things. First, it says that PC doesn't supply shots to you if you arrive at your country after March 31st; second, it says PC will supply your last shot to you in country, as long as you had your first shot before March 31st--like me. She told me that no, the PC won't give the shot to you because I am arriving after March 31st, and it doesn't matter that I got my first two, but if I felt strongly about it, I could request to go only to a country that has Gardasil so that I could get my 3rd one. She seemed to imply that only a few countries had it. I said no, that wasn't necessary, I didn't want to restrict myself based on a shot. ...even tho I'm sorta irked...plus I'll already have an epilepsy restriction! I'm going to re-read the sheet they sent out, because I really feel like it said if you STARTED the vaccination round before that date, then they would still give you the remaining ones in country. 

But, this is what's important. I AM DENTALLY CLEARED!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

It's amazing how a good rant gets so many things accomplished! I found that everytime I was at the brink something positive happened.

Best of luck with medical!

(Oh, and I was dentally cleared before it ever said they had my paperwork.)

May 20, 2008 at 9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter