Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Frustrations

Everyone seems to get ancy and frustrated after they send medical in. To be honest, I didn't really totally see why, though I understood it, and I didn't think I would be. Yeah, well, now I know better. I am VERY ancy and frustrated! 

I sent my Medical Kit off to DC on May 7th, 2 Wednesdays ago. So that was a week and a half ago. I thought for sure by now that I would have heard something with medical--not necessarily clearances, but at least that they had received it.  I know it takes a while to hear anything about clearances, so that doesn't really worry me. But come on, they HAVE to have received it, right!? A week and a half? And really, its got to be out of the mail room by this point, right? So where is my ToolKit update saying they have received it?  Another girl who sent hers in right at the same time had a ToolKit update Friday saying they got it, and SUNDAY a message that she was dentally cleared. WHAT!? SUNDAY!?

It just makes me want to shoot myself in the foot. I just want to know they have it!

I tried calling my screening assistant, but she's out of the office for the next couple days. I left a message on her voice mail, so hopefully she calls me back soon. In the mean time, I called the Medical Office to just speak with a general person. The lady who picked up asked me for my social, then confirmed my name. This made me think she was about to tell me if it was received or not. Again, all I want to know. Next thing I know, she transfers me and the line is ringing. Except it keeps ringing, and I know what she did. She transfered me to another screening assistant. And as is very typical of the PC, the phone rang and rang until voice mail picked up.

The only thing that made the call worth it was the PC Operator who directs calls to the correct office.  Instead of saying "Please Hold"...she said "Peas Ho" ...and it made me giggle inside.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Whitney said...

Hey Jenna--

Thanks for the advice...the longest I have been on a plane is like 3 hours...so I see some craziness in my future...good luck with medical and placement...hope it all comes into place soon...will look foward to reading your blog...

May 20, 2008 at 12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter