Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tidbits of News

Well, I didn't get to call my screening assistant at the medical office on Friday because I got a major head cold that completely put me out of commission for the weekend. So hopefully I can call tomorrow to make sure she got my fax, that my medical kit is there, when will they get to it, am I still in line with an August departure, and double check that they will give me my last Gardasil shot. When I wrote my last post, I thought that the PC said they would not give any Gardasil shots AFTER March 31st of this year, but I went back and read the information again, and it says anyone who recieved their first shot before March 31st will be able to get their last shot in country if necessary, but if you got your first shot after that date, they won't supply it. I'm glad to say that I got my first shot on March 14th, but I still want to make sure!

Next, someone got an invitation to PANAMA! I believe it is for August 2nd and for Community Economic Development. So there is yet anoooooooother option!  However, I'm still leaning towards Belize because it is the country that seems most...youth/learning oriented, while the others seem more business/health oriented. Plus, a girl got a Belize Youth invite. Ah well. We will (hopefully) find out soon enough! The PC keeps throwing loops out at us!

Oh! And before I forget, one girl had a note that her PO called saying her August Latin America program got CANCELED! She got moved to the Eastern Caribbean! So yes, yet another loop for all of us Latin America August nominees who are still waiting. Its funny because I've associated myself with the idea that some people I've talked to I'd definitely be serving with, but it seems like now I probably will only be with 1 or 2 of them! But hey, that's the PC surprise right? Plus, since we are still in the same region, it gives us all a great excuse for travel and a place to stay!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter