Documenting the steps I'm taking in applying for the Peace Corps and hopefully be invited to the Peace Corps! The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Change in Events

Due to safety reasons, I am no longer going to Shanghai. If this person doesn't stop contacting me all together, I will be contacting the Chinese authorities about him. He scares me a lot, I don't like him and definitely don't want him in my life, and I know the Chinese government and police will keep him away and get him in trouble. Therefore, to keep myself safe, I will no longer be going to Shanghai, or China at all. Moreover, I am **engaged** to be married after this year of teaching, and NOT to him, to my American fiance. So I really want this person to leave me alone.

I've talked with the school that my contract is with, and they agree its best for me. Also, because they have many schools, they've allowed me to transfer my contract to another school in another country. It will be at one of their locations in Indonesia (though I'm not sure the specific school--but China, Indonesia, and Russia are their biggest teaching locations...but the majority of Indonesia's EF schools are on Java, so that's a guess). But isn't that picture of Indonesia beautiful? Maybe this change will prove to be worth it, even tho its not what I had been expecting or planning for months...

I am sad to not be able to live and teach in China, but Indonesia is an Asian country I haven't visited yet, so I am very excited about that. I think this will be a much safer option for me, and because its someplace I've never been to before, it will be even more exciting.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

I'm so happy they're letting you transfer to another country! I know how much you wanted to go to China, but can't because of a certain person's obsession with you. I hope it's a great experience in Indonesia!

December 16, 2008 at 3:07 PM

 
Blogger Brittany said...

Well...on the bright side this has taught you even more flexibility...further preparing you for the peace corps! haha I had a couple of sorority sisters who lived in Indonesia...they loved it!

xoxo

December 16, 2008 at 3:17 PM

 
Blogger Jon S said...

YOU will be closer to me and that is all that matters. Who's your husband to be? Craig? if So I may have to fight.

December 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! On your upcoming marriage, not the crazy Chinese guy. :/
Are you and your husband thinking of reapplying to PC together?
- Rachel

December 17, 2008 at 5:21 PM

 
Blogger Srta. Verde said...

thanks for responding. I am glad you decided to change that location for safety reasons. Yes, I heard that due to tough times with our economy that if you turn down an invite you will probably not receive another. That was the words of my recruiter.

March 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Free Web Counters
Free Counter